Thanks to the internet, incorporating music throughout your day is easy. There are many free and inexpensive sources available with just a few clicks.
Music can be used to set the atmosphere of your class. Play music when your students arrive in the morning. Songs you might want to try:
- Play before your lesson begins to set the theme. Ask your students to guess the topic of the lesson based on the music.
- Play background music during work time. Instrumental music and classic music are good choices for this.
- Celtic music – 2 hours
- Adrian von Ziegler – 10 hours
- Piano Music to Sleep and Study – 1 hour
- Mozart4Kids – 42 minutes
- Play quick tempo music when your students are sleepy or need a stretch break. A great thing to do on Monday mornings!
- Use different songs for different tasks. I like to use theme songs. Example:
- Carol of the Bells: Ukraine
- Wexford Carol: Ireland
- The First Nowell: England
- A La Nanita Nana: Spain
- Riu, Riu, Chiu “El Lobo Rabioso”: Spain
- Coventry Carol: England
- In the bleak midwinter: France
- Silent Night: Austria
- 100 Minutes Non-Stop Fun Songs – Nursery rhymes and other songs for kids.
- 110 Minutes Compilation for Children – Itsy Bitsy Spider plus more popular songs.
- BINGO Song + More Class Rhymes – 55 minutes
- Five Little Ducks + More Rhymes – 100 minutes